Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tour De Stuffed Marrow and chips! 2011

My life just isn't complete without this family tradition.  Every year for as long as I can remember we have 'Stuffed Marrow and Chips' at least once a year.  There are many things in my life that would not be 'Everyone's Cup of Tea' and this is another of them.  Sadly this is not a homegrown marrow, but my courgettes look promising.
 The Marrow was stuffed with a Minced beef and vegetables in gravy.  I cooked it on low all day in the slow pot.  It has to be served with chips, homemade of course!  It also has to have lots of salt and vinegar.  I have also stuffed marrows with vegetarian lentil casserole mixture.  I think it is delicious but the rest of the house eat it under sufferance.  They like the chips though.
I will be spinning later to make some more 'Scrappy Beard'.
This is my Day 12 Effort, I started a second bobbin of 'Rainbow Scrap' yarn

Work experience update;  Quote: "I have had the most stressful day of my life today!"  He worked with older children who try to be naughty, where as he thinks the littlies try to be helpful.  He also did two hours in the office cutting out stuff!  He never wants to go in an office again and I think the teaching career may be over before it even started.  I just thought 'Hmmm welcome to the real world'.  My Mother told me there would be days like these!   Character building stuff.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  It has made me think of all the jobs I have done in the past that I have hated.  I have worked in McDonalds and hated it, cleaned toilets and hated it, worked in several factories and hated it, worked in a Supermarket which was ok, worked in social care which had it's ups and downs and for the last ten years (and a little bit more) have taught children with emotional and behavioural issues, some days I love it and other days are tough.  I only work three days a week for now, which helps.  The hardest job I have ever had though is 'Mom'.

3 comments:

  1. Lucy, you have that right, the hardest job is Mom. I thought that once they were married and had their own home that I would not have to worry about them any longer. How *wrong* I was! Now I have them, their spouses and their kids to worry about!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't deny that the world's toughtest job is being a mom.
    I was looking forward to seeing Henry's picture with tie no 3. :)
    Best of luck to him ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Om nom nom - your stuffed marrow and chips looks lovely!
    I have had some rubbish jobs too...but there is no way I could ever be a Mum! I admire anyone that does it :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)