Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 May 2011

Ta - dah! Crochet sock Result!

I have a pair of Crocheted socks that I can actually wear!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, nice socks shame about the legs!  (As you can see I don't go in for fake tan!)  Look at they wonderous socks!  I was going to give them a photo collage all of their own, I am that overjoyed with them.
Here they are again, wow I am mightily impressed.  My six year old hates them he thinks they look awful and he can't believe I like them, he says I am blind.  I think that is a little harsh.  Right up until the last half an hour of making them I couldn't quite see how they were going to turn into a pair of socks, but then it all became clear,  what a joyous Ta-dah moment!  I am a little too pleased with them.  I  have been singing a triumphant 'Sockie Wock' song in my head...Homer Simpson style.  'I've got soc-kie woc-kies, I've got soc-kie Woc-kies, I've got soc-kie woc-kies tra la, la la, laaaa!'  Hmmm a white van has pulled up out side, if they are coming to take me away, my feet will be perfectly attired.
The pattern is free from here Joans Crochet Socks from Lion Brand.com you need free registration to see them.

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant socks-- I would be chuffed toox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sockie wockies! You did a fine job and what does a 6 year old know, anyway? LOL ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they're fab! Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant socks! I have some sock yarn but am fancying knitting rather than crocheting a pair if only to break my 50+ year phobia having had to make some in bottle green itchy wool at school.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy,
    They're beautiful. Love the cuffs, love the heels, LOVE the yarn. Crochet socks...too cool!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see Homer now in the bar showing off those socks to Karl Lennie and Mo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are brilliant, Lucy...
    way to go!!!
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely tadah post :) You've done a really good job with these socks. What yarn did you use?

    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely brilliant - no wonder you're so pleased with them. As a knitter new to crochet I'm especially impressed, and the colours - divine (like Teresa said, what does a six year old Know?

    Deborah (BeeDeborah)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNEW there would come out real socks at the end! They look great! Do they wear well? Are they elastic enough?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    Tina I think they are great and very comfortable but I would be biased because they are my babies - the crochet rib is elastic like knitted rib and if you use a nice sock yarn you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)