Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 May 2011

If we can't eat this, we will never eat these....

Here is 'Charlie' the Chocolate Chicken, cute isn't she?  She has hung around since Easter when all the chocolate eggs are long gone.  It seems such a shame to eat her.  Where would you start?  The beak would be cruel, the tail undignified!  She has taught me one thing in my bid for self sufficiency, if we are having trouble eating a chocolate chicken, there is no way we would eat these:
They are now 8 weeks old and almost as obedient as the dog.  (Which isn't very!)  They like me and get excited when I walk up the garden, I would like to think it is the bond we have, however I suspect it may be the cress, or stale bread or cake crumbs they are after.  My oldest son was up the garden this evening chuckling away blowing raspberries to them!(Cute, but he is weeks off 15 and working on his GCSE's).  My youngest dutifully feeds them grass first thing in the morning before school, they are well and truly part of my peculiar family!

6 comments:

  1. lol you are funny bud. Yes I can see my oldest nephew now blowing those rasberries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Beautiful chickens. I would love some but have to make do with visiting the ones a few doors away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely chickens. Eat the chocolate one though. Its not reall, won't feel a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now to be truthful the chocolate one would not lasted one nano second in " Chalky's World!" But as for the lovely chookies we had chickens for ages and I loved them . But our cockerel was a BEAST! Lovely post Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say, Lucy... you can send that chocolate chicken? I will put it out of it's misery. :-) Love your feathered girls! Hugs, Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too have a chocolate chicken egg which funnily enough hasn't even been unwrapped and I can't see being eaten, way too precious and realistic.

    Mind you i'm glad cadbury's don't make all their chocolate in animal shapes or I'd have to re think my whole chocolate eating and that would never do!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)