Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 April 2011

I have rescued 50 Granny Squares...

I took a pair of scissors to the big old blanket!  I managed to save about fifty squares.  I think that was roughly half of them.  I am going to remove all of the black border and replace it.  I have already started to make more 'pretty' granny squares and I am hoping to sew them together alternating the old and new.  I am quite pleased with how many of the original squares I saved.   

8 comments:

  1. you did quite well considering the damage. good luck with the repairs. Looking forward to seeing it back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!!! keep going and don't loose courage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well, look forward to seeing the "new" big blanket.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just awesome that you are rescuing some dear lady's hard work. You're a doll.

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaah... they look happy to be safe. Waiting to see the new blankie..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking job cant wait to see the next phase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comments, I have to admit sharing here is a good motivation for me to keep going, I am not sure I would ever get round to it without your interest and support. I like blogging the process and receiving your encouragement. Ta very muchly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. I love how you photograph them in the fresh sunshine on the green green lawn.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)