Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 June 2011

Fruity Flapjacks

This recipe is late.  It was requested a long time ago by one of my loyal Blog followers (ahem actually my Bro!)  This is currently my favourite Flapjack recipe as it has a bit of a twist on the more traditional Flapjack recipe. I am lucky enough to have a brilliant work buddy and even better both of her parents like to bake so we get goodies to munch our way through the days.  This recipe comes from them.  I have tried a delicious 'Apple and Sultana Flapjack'.  I have also tried a 'Banana and Chocolate Chip Flapjack' which was a little bit naughty.  The above Flapjacks are 'Apple and Apricot'.  You can make many combinations of dried fruit, fresh fruit and chocolate chips.  I would love to hear your combinations.  The Summer means my brood are busy, all off in different directions at different times.  It is good to have a supply of healthy, economical snacks readily available.  Flapjacks are so sustaining too, they make a great breakfast snack, picnic snack or school/work snack and if they last long enough they keep well.  They are almost a meal replacement.

Ingredients
285g/10oz of wholemeal flour
150g/6oz of porridge oats
1/2 tsp salt
2tbls Water
200g/7oz butter
100g/4oz sugar
2tbls of Golden Syrup
4 fresh Apricots, take out the stone and chop them up.
4 Peeled and grated apples

Method
Melt the butter in a saucepan with the sugar, salt and syrup.  Mix in a large bowl with the oats, flour and water.  Mix well.  In a large buttered tin spread half of the mixture.  Spread the apple and apricot over the oat mixture.  Put the other half of the mixture on top.  Bake in a medium to hot oven until the mixture is golden brown.  20-30 minutes.  I used a Pizza Cutter to divide mine into squares when it was still warm.  It made twelve large squares.

Some Blog readers may find this conversion site useful   http://www.convert-me.com

8 comments:

  1. That looks good! Will have to try them. I bought some wholemeal flour just the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your talking bud, now your talking .....yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I wish that it was a US recipe as it sounds good, but we don't cook with those measurements. :-(

    We're off to pick up our 2 granddaughters to take them to the beach for the afternoon. :-)

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found conversion sites useful in the past for recipes,I have edited the post to include a link for a conversion site. It is a pest that we don't speak the same recipe language! These flapjacks are really worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try them out, too!
    Teresa, use the conversion table, they really look and sound like they are worth a try. I have made many US recipes doing some maths!
    Tina in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, those look good! Nice to find you at FB's Crafty Bloggers :D You are very crafty indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)