Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 August 2011

Off Camping Again - Wish me Luck!

I found this funny
Well the car is packed to the max.  The dog is excited and my youngest is excited.  My oldest son is still in bed and is probably trying to get forgotten and left behind.  It is another one of 'Mom's Crazy Character Building Road Trips'.  "A time to bond!  Spend some quality time together!  It's what memories are made of!"  I told my teenage son yesterday when we were having an argument. I won't show him this post, because, Yep, the weather forecast is not good for the South West, in fact it is the opposite of 'good'!  Heavy Sustained Rain is the suggestion.  Come on...how often do these weather dudes get it wrong?  How hard can it be to pitch a tent in the rain, surely it will be easy with a bit of good old fashioned family 'Teamwork'.  If it goes wrong I just blame the teenager, right?  The pain will all be forgotten over a slug of Somerset Scrumpy surely!  My partner is not daft he is staying home on Chicken duties.  Tomorrow I am due to meet up with an old friend and her five year old son and ten month old twins...that is my motivation.  Wish me luck.  Bon Voyage and all that.  See you soon...

9 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time - will look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return!

    Hope you packed your wellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the sun shines and you have a lovely holiday.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time and hopefully it won't be too dreary for you. Try to stay dry! Just remember, camping builds character ;)
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhahahha ooh Lucy that did make me laugh, specilly the bit about blaming the teenager who's blissfully unaware and still in bed haha have a fantastic weekend i'll be thinking of you x Wellies at the ready ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that's Glastonbury in that photo, I am so glad I'd camped in a decent spot! Make sure you don't camp at the bottom of a hill :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your camping trip is as sunny as ours was. PERFECT weather, but cccccold at night. I'll put up photos soon.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely time! I hope the weather is good for you x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a great time! Isn't it always good to have someone to blame :-) I remember a holiday trip with our caravan back when I was a teenager and I usually was responsible to pack the cabinets safely before going on the road again. That one time the lid on a glass of blueberry jam wasn't closed right and it had room to move around - imagine the mess. Everyone blamed me for not having suffed enough cushions and towels inside, I blamed the lone who was the latest to close that lid :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)