Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 5 August 2011

'Lucy Bag' - 'Ta Dah'

Lining Stitched in place, very 'Flower Power'.  I found this quite a challenge, but I received some good advice and help via blog comments and on Ravelry. 
Straps sewn on.  I think these would make great guitar straps.

Blue Shell edging and six bloomin flowers sewn into place.  I couldn't just settle for four flowers, it seemed to be crying out for six.  Flowers are really fun to crochet aren't they?  Possibly a bit addictive, especially if you are trying to avoid sewing in lining or housework.
This bag is perfect for my hols as it could hold the kitchen sink!  I did use a plastic 'canvas' insert that was sourced and sent to me by Gingerbread Girl to alieviate my saggy bottom. Thank you Carole you were very patient with me and a great facilitator helping me with written explanations, photographs and then diagrams for my stitchery challenged brain.  Carole is a busy Mom to four children, she writes an inspirational blog and still found time to help me.  Blogland never ceases to amaze me along with the kindness of other crafters who are willing to pitch in, help, motivate and encourage each other.
I finished sewing the lining into place just after midnight.  There was an old Ewan Mcgregor movie on TV 'The Island'.  I wasn't impressed.  Thankfully I finished sewing and didn't suffer the entire film.
This morning I boinged out of bed to photograph my bag in all it's lovliness to share with the world!  Not a 'saggy bottom' in sight!  Is there?

12 comments:

  1. *blush* Thank you for your kind words Lucy!

    The bag looks great - I LOVE the colours and the flowers look brilliant. Well done for getting it finished ready for your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to start the day with a colour explosion!!!Your Lucy bag looks awesome. Nobody wants a saggy bottom!Ravelers and bloggers are just the best.
    When do you go on your holibobs?
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, thanks again :)
    Tickety-boo I am off 'Glamping' for the last week of the hols!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers! Your bag looks absolutely stunning :) I bet you'll get some amazing comments about it when you go on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors! So glad it finished out well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lucy, you hit this out of the park! Congrats on getting lining in.. I'm so bad for not doing this.. but I don't have a good sewing machine at this time. I could sew the whole thing by hand but that seems a bit much, don't you think? Still doing lists for our trip...
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your kind comments really help to motivate me completing my WIPs it is like a 'Virtual Craft Club'. I don't go to a Knitting or Crochet group but I guess this serves as a very similar concept, it is just I drink tea and eat cake alone while I craft. Oh well more for me! Thanks for 'Virtually' being there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bag sans saggy bottom.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)