Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 17 October 2011

Frittering Away!

I found this recipe at 'Alia's Creative Life' Blog, they are quick and crispy Vegetable Fritters.  I have never made anything like these before and ignoring the 'deep fried' aspect thought they are a good way to get the kids to consume vegetable.  They made a nice weekend snack in front of the T.V.  It is almost essential to have something to dip them into.  I used Home made 'Tamarind Sauce' the kids preferred Ketchup.
Ingredients
1 small cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, grated
2 onions, finely sliced
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small can of drained sweetcorn

Plain flour 125g
A mug of water.

Method
Mix the flour and water to make a thick pouring consistency, you may need to add more water or more flour.
Stir the batter in to all of the vegetables and mix well.
Plop spoonfuls of this mixture into a hot deep fat fryer, until the fritters are golden.  Drain well and enjoy!  Next I would like to try Pakora, by adding Curry Powder to the batter mix and making spicy fritters....

3 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I'll have to give those a try sometime soon. I think I might actually get Bryon to try them :) I love it when you share your recipes. Thanks!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for featuring me here! :) I loved ur blog n ur posts!
    Keep up the good work!
    Alia
    www.aliascreativelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Om nom nom...they look seriously yummy!!! I am hungry now.....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)