Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 December 2012

2012 Collage

I found this Collage a challenge.  What to include and what to leave out?  I think it is a good representative of the 'Crafty' chaos that surrounds me for much of the year.  This year has been a busy one.  Just as I like em. We have had family adventures and I have learned new skills.  I did not know how to make a 'Space Banana' in 2011. . . then in 2012 I go and take 'a prize' for my handspun Space Banana along with the rest of the 'Solar System'.
           I also tried my hand at basket weaving.  It was a little hazardous and hard work.   It may be a while before I try that again!  I have learned how to use and Inkle Loom and a Peg Loom.  I just have not learned how to make more time!  I could really do with 30 hour days!
          It was a big year for the UK with the Olympics and The Jubilee, next year of course we will have the Royal Baby.  In July I will also hand over the the 'makes' for the 'Rainbows Preemie Project'.  This has already exceeded my expectations and is still going strong.
           I also increased my 'flock'.  I am now the Proud 'Mama' to four Chickens and seriously with all this rain my lawn will never be the same again.  Hello chickens, goodbye green lawn!  The Lovely Lavender came into our lives and I promptly became a 'top shot' with a high velocity 'Water Blaster'.  We love her eggs even if they are the size of an underfed pigeon's egg!
            Both of my boys are growing and changing faster than I can keep up with.  I try to keep it all in perspective by surrounding myself and submerging myself within my own crafty pursuits.  I feel I would have gone totally bonkers by now if it was not for 'Woolly Stuff'.  I really would not have things any other way.  It is my chaos and I rather like it!
            I am sure 2013 will be a 'good one'.  I will try to find time for more 'adventures'.  Hey we all survived the Apocalypse and deserve a pat on the back for that!  I live in hope of winning the Lottery then I could introduce even more chaos into my life. . . there would be goats, pigs, sheep and alpaca, oh and of course more chickens, possibly a few ducks and if I felt really crazy some geese, oh and quail are cute.  If any one knows how I can 'order' this from the Cosmos, please let me know!
XXX  

13 comments:

  1. I think you need 40 hours a day never mind 30:) What a fab round up of the year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your support of CHalky's World during 2012. I love reading your commens and following your blog. It is great. Thank you also for your kind concern for my mother in law . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great year of fun and activity. You could always fly to Oregon in 2013 and have lunch with the girls here. :-) We'll show you the gorge and some good craft shops!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa if I win the Lottery I am on your doorstep! xxx

      Delete
  4. You have had a brilliant year! Your blog is always fab and quite often I am full of admiration for how much you get done :)
    I hope that 2013 will be a great year for you and yours too x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous year you have had, looking forward to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great 2012 collage, what a fun filled busy year you have had, i agree with you that if we didn't have the wooly stuff to keep us sane, we wouldn't be here blogging like this ( you) reading other creative blogs (me)
    keep it up please you really cheer me up no end Lucy,thanks
    All the best for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic year, always enjoy dropping in, even if I don't leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely busy year you've had Lucy, I've really enjoyed all your adventures this year and look forward to what next year will bring. Thanks for all your brilliant comments on my blog, all the encouragement and warmth I feel as though I've met a blogosphere kindred spirit! Bring on 2013 lets see what we can create!!!!! Love to all your family too and the chickens! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is great of all the amazing things you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a brilliant crafty year, so much achieved. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your collage! How wonderful to see a year represented like that. Happy New Year and keep blogging! We love reading your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely collage!
    Happy New Year to you and your men!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)