Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 6 January 2012

Pie Day Friday (4) 'The Queen of Hearts' 'The Humble Tart'


The Queen of Hearts

The Queen of Hearts
She made some tarts,
All on a Summers day;
The Knave of Hearts
He stole those tarts
And took them clean away.
The King of Hearts
Called for the tarts
And beat the Knave full sore.
The Knave of Hearts
Bought back those tarts
and vowed he'd steal no more.


According to Wikipedia this poem was first published in 1782.  A lot of tarts have been eaten over the centuries!  This little plate of Jam Tarts were made all the tastier for placing a little heart on top of each one.  It is like sandwiches in this house they always taste better in triangles, rather than rectangles or squares.  Everyone knows triangles taste better than squares!
Yeah it's Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Om nom nom....your tarts look fantastic! I haven't had a jam tart for ages....might have to make some of my own ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish. You are not going to be happy with what I have to tell you.. but it appears that coyotes got into our hen house last night and we lost our girls. I'm heartsick. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teresa, you are right I am not happy about that news at all, how upsetting. As it is cold here I am sleeping with one eye open as there are 'urban' foxes close by, I have seen one trotting past my house. Only last night about 4am I heard a noise that sounded like a 'chicken' it was cats! Poor Girls I do hope you get some more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)