Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 May 2012

One Stone Gone!

Stone 1 Clip Art

I am in shock rather than elated!  I have managed to lose 14lbs, that is one whole stone!  I guess all the crabby might be worth it after all.  I have finally discovered the solution to the marvelous mystery of weight loss.  Eat less and do more!  Simples.  Now I just have to repeat the process another five times and I should be just about within the healthy weight range for my height.  Tut tut tut.  So easy to put on so hard to get off.  What I would give for a good old fashioned Pie Day Friday!  Tonight I had a crustless Quiche for my tea,  hmmm now could ya answer something for me. . . a crustless quiche is suspiciously identical to an omelette, what is the difference?  Quiche is a bit of a pie, so I am surely committing brain trickery upon myself by calling an omelette a 'Crustless Quiche'.  Who stole the pie bit of my quiche, making my quiche not a quiche but an omelette.  My brain is haddled due to the calorific deprivation it is enduring.
           Has anyone ever tried Weight Watchers bread?  Yesterday I nearly caused a fire again by trying to toast it for breakfast.  I popped it in the toaster as I would 'normal' bread, whizzed up to give the chickens breakfast and came back to black billowing smoke!  I tried again on the lowest toaster setting, nipped to pack Euan's school bag and came back to black billowing smoke.  I am going to take Weight Watchers Bread camping, I am gonna use it as tinder for starting the campfire!  Nothing ignites with the ease of Weight Watchers bread.  It is similar to Candy Floss in texture, you bite it and as if by magic it has vanished before you have a chance to chew and swallow.  Ingenious stuff.  Trying to make a sandwich with it is pretty futile too, a slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and mayo (low fat of course), you might as well just stick the filling in the palm of your hand and forget the bread because the bread disintegrates on impact with anything.  Spreading it is the best. . . the bread vanishes and you are left with a bundle of crumbs on your knife!  Yep I sure am enjoying all that this diet  healthy eating plan has to offer!
           We won't go in to Weight Watchers Coconut Cake. . . I think it should carry a health warning, cigarettes have got to be safer. . . Weight Watchers Coconut Cake must be a close cousin to Weight Watchers bread. . . it is incredibly chokesome!  Cake my a**e!  More brain trickery, I am quite old enough to know cake when I see it and I sure as eggs is eggs know what is not cake!
           No body seems to have noticed I have lost any weight yet and the only difference I have noticed so far is that I am having trouble with my knickers!  They are much more likely to fall down these days and when they are not falling down they are quite literally getting in a twist!  Shopping list for tomorrow:  New knickers or a pair of Braces!
Yep loving this diet plan and embracing all that it has to offer!  

31 comments:

  1. Congrats! You really do great! Have a tiny bit of anything you love to reward you, just a tiny bit to have the taste! You earn it!
    Go you! And say hi to your trainer Euan, he is doing such a great job!
    Take care, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, I will pass your message on to Euan he will be pleased with himself. He keeps nagging me to get his own blog!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! I am completely with you on the mind trickery, which is why I'm still eating full fat, full sugar, just less of it, because I want what I eat to taste good!! It will be worth it, you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I need to just keep plodding on. I am trying to avoid butter and sugar because one little bit makes me want more so badly!

      Delete
  3. Oh Lucy, I'm wiping away the tears of laughter at the dilemma of your knickers, I think you should go with the braces could set a new trend! That bread sounds awful and actually dangerous........all that smoke. My son once bought some cheap white sliced bread from Asda(other supermarkets are available)which he fried, well he tried to fry. Lucy it melted, it actually disappeared in the pan it wasn't a fluke either cos we tried it a few times and EVERY time pooof gone! If I were you I'd buy some delicious bread and cut it v.v.thin. Congratulations on your success so far. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melted fried bread sounds sooooo good! :)

      Delete
  4. Way to go girl.... Weight watchers bread is not bread, it is some sort of strange processed thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lucy that is fantastic. I love your honest account of weight loss, that it is not all THAT and sometimes just sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't you tell me this before I embarked on WW. What I wouldn't give for a stodgy Cinnamon roll right now! :)

      Delete
  6. ::sigh:: You're doing much better than I am. But I'm trying.. swimming 3 times a week, walking more.. eating salads.. GAH. Whatever! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohooooo! Go You! What an amazing achievement! How lovely to be able to treat yourself to some new undies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, new pants all round in this house today!

      Delete
  8. Seriously Lucy, I joined Sue in wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes after reading your opinion of WW bread and cake, and then your quandary about your knickers, but I am so happy for your success! You encourage me to succeed as well! Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me laugh so hard. I lost over 140 lbs. four years ago and I remember no one noticing the first 20 lbs. I was so upset. Then someone I hadn't seen in years saw me after the diet was done and he had no idea who I was. That made me feel so wonderful. Keep up the great work. I am routing for you. I weighed in at 338 lbs. when I turned 40. 180 lbs is my good wt now. Sounds like a lot but I am 5'10". I gained some wt back since my knee surgery (25 lbs.) and have been motivated by your posts to get back into shape. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kashi, so I know it can be done! I just have to stick at it! :) x

      Delete
  10. Wow - well done - I've just signed up with Weight Watchers this week - you inspired me:) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck Daffy! Let me know how you get on.... :) x

      Delete
  11. well done on your loss
    great post, you made me lol and lol and lol again , thankyou
    have fun on your shopping trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I have to find the humour in this adventure or I will go completely bonkers!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the weight loss! 14 pounds is impressive and definitely says something about your determination :) If I could lose that much, I'd be back to where I was when I got married. The "eat less, do more" statement truly is simple at face value but it sure is hard to put into action! I'm really sorry to hear about the bread and cake though. Blah! Sometimes those "healthy" versions of food just aren't worth the hassle. My grandmother does Weight Watchers. I'll see if she has any good suggestions for you that will actually be enjoyable!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Grandmothers Top WW Tips would be much appreciated :)

      Delete
  13. Well done on the weight loss front, I also am a WW member, you seem to be copeing with the plan better than me. I loose motivation very quickly, even with the weight coming off very slowly. As to the knickers, I think bright red braces would look really snazzy!!! Penny B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, believe me I am not really coping more a case of enduring! I love the bright red braces idea, if I keep going I will be able to wear my knickers as 'Apple Catchers' in the Autumn. lol xxx

      Delete
  14. Bravo! You are doing so well! I have never tried the weight watchers bread but I have tried several "light" breads. I finally found one that was 12 grain and have stuck with that one. The others all felt like puffed bland air bread that were pretty much just a vehicle for the meat and veggies to ride on. I like the Weight Watchers ice cream treats - the Ice Cream Candy bars in particular are pretty good. I think the trick is not to remember what the real item tasted like and to try and enjoy the taste of the item on it's own. Being hungry all the time makes pretty much anything taste better too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WW icecream is on my shopping list for next week! WW bread is off the list! I agree food tastes marvellous when I am starving, I would eat gruel with gusto!

      Delete
  15. I have just discovered your blog and I love it. I get up every morning and look to see what has been going on with you. I am so proud of you for the weight loss. And thanks for sharing your life with us homebounds. Right now I am recuperating from 7 months of chemo and radiation, as well as neck surgery to remove the rest of the cancer three weeks ago. Hang in there with the weight loss. I wish you a long, strong, healthy life. From your new internet friend, Opal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Opal thanks for the comment it is a pleasure to meet you here in my 'Little Corner Of Blogland' I love reading about peoples 'ordinary' or often extraordinary lives too. I am sorry you have had some serious health issues recently, I have popped over to your Blog and your 'Story' is lovely, I can't wait for you to tell us more. Sometimes I wonder why I am here in Blogland but I enjoy 'chatting'and laughing with others so much and it helps me to process my daily life and count my blessings. Lots of love, your new Blog Buddy Lucy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Inthesky,
    I am your newest follower
    This post really made me chuckle...so cheery....I'll look out for the WW bread for our next BBQ. I seriously have to lose weight and I am inclined to agree with your deduction of the best method to do so. Doesn't seem to work for me as yet though...its getting that air seems to taste savoury. I mean what more can I cut down on grrr! Congratulations on your weight loss though.
    I'm looking forward already to coming back here to read your posts :-)

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)