Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 May 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For. . . .

Well, well, well.  I would have posted sooner but Blogger has been being very naughty!  Tut tut tut, frustrating. It appears to be having glitchy little issues that are preventing it from behaving as it should and preventing me from posting.  Anyone else having troubles  I am glad it is working today.  I have felt very cut off from you all!!!  *Smiles and waves*
             I wished for sunshine and my goodness do we have sunshine!  We also all have horrible Summer colds, all of us including my parents.  These are not just sniffly little colds, these are relentless coughing, rib aching, head aching, asthmatic, nastiness!  To top it all I have head to toe, itchy, prickly heat rash!  Do remind me next year when I am wishing for sunshine!  The only thing cheering me up is my box of Union Jack tissues!  (I also have special Jubilee limited edition 'Loo roll'!  Yep this Jubilee fever is reaching .  . . . well. . . .reaching erm. . . .well. . . .fever pitch. I have Jubilee Jam, Jubilee Marmalade, Jubilee Clothes, I had to stop myself buying a mask of the Queen yesterday, I am regretting it though!  Currently Britain seems to be just about Jubileeing whatever it can!  I may muster up the energy to put bunting in the garden today. . . I may not though!  I have still managed to lose weight this week but have struggled to find the energy to exercise.  We cancelled swimming due to ill health.  It has been too hot to walk the dog during the day I did take her yesterday morning.  The air was thick with fluff, some sort of pollen, I really had to motivate my self to plod around the local pond, then meadows and then through an 'Arboretum'.  The dog had the most fantastic time and was very happy chewing branches and chasing squirrels.  I felt grotty.  I forgot to take my camera.  The wild flowers are pretty right now and the sunshine enhances everything.  The birdsong was lovely, (I tried hard to feel uplifted)!  I even stopped and 'hugged' a couple of trees, well I gave them a little pat!  I took a shine to a rather nice Horse Chestnut Tree.
Crafting has really been on the back burner.  I have so much housework to catch up with and no energy to do it!  The kids had an Epic water fight yesterday, it created some extra washing.  Euan had Henry cornered by surprise and turned the power hose on him!  He had a nasty glint in his eye as Henry howled and yelled, begging for mercy!  Henry had a girl to visit, he was fully clothed in his 'favourite gear'!  Euan did not stop until Henry was soaked through to the skin.  His sunglasses stayed on but were rather askew!  It was very funny but I saw a sinister streak in my youngest!  There are about ten boys in this street and they all play together.  Boys from other streets come and join them.  I have given up worrying about footballs, cricket balls, tennis balls....I think so have the neighbours.  Euan played out with lots of friends and they all had water guns.  There are a few 'For Sale' signs popping up around here!!!
         I have another observation at work on Tuesday so I have time consuming work work to do!  If the postman delivers some books I have been waiting for, 'work' could involve reading in the garden with a sunhat on!  Life could be worse.  I also break up this week for a weeks holiday!  Lovely, lovely, lovely.
I hope you are having a great weekend :) xxx  

10 comments:

  1. Summer colds suck, I have just got over one and it is lovely not to have a head full of cotton wool anymore. Sounds as if the jubilee is going to be very exciting in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sounds like summer is getting into full swing at your place! I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather though. Hopefully you'll get your spunk and energy back soon! Thanks for sharing about the water fight :) So fun!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel already better and get back to your old self soon. It is unusually warm, sunny and dry here, too. I jst cme in from watering the plants...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are feeling rough, that seems so unfair, just as weather gets nice. Hope you are al recovered in time for the jubilee, sounds like you will be entering into the spirit with gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lucy.. sorry you have a stinking cold. Hubby and I had some sort of stomach flu pass through us.. with aches and things along with it. I'm enjoying hearing about all the Jubilee celebrating.. lucky you to be there and be part of it. I can only watch from around the globe and wish I was there. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are soon better, DH has similar cold and it is a real rib basher.
    Blogger can be such a pain and takes so long to upload photos I give up in frustration.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer on the summer colds! In the winter I don't think we mind snuggling in and not doing anything or going anywhere, but in the summer when the weather is nice it's just double cruel! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Lucy, here I was feeling sorrow and concern for you and yours and your ill health, and before I knew it you had me laughing with you about your Jubilee Fever, tree hugging and the boys' antics. I sometimes have issues with Blogger also; most recently I started to read a blog and scrolling would freeze, but I think that might be because I have not given it enough time to load before I try to scroll. At any rate, I am still having great fun with this whole blogging adventure. Happy time off soon<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! Summer colds are the worst - especially when the weather is hot, you have my total sympathy. I hope you get back to normal soon.
    Oh, and go buy that mask......x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger goes in and out for me. Sometimes I can't post comments. Other times, I can't post to my own blog. In a day or two (sometimes less), it generally clears up, but it sure is aggravating in the meantime. Hope the bug works out soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)