Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Nettle and Courgette Tripoline with Feta Cheese

Let me tell you there is nothing nicer than a heavily charred courgette.  Nope they are definitely not burnt!  Don't even think it!  Well done, but not burnt.  Can't you tell I am a Mom and used to saying stuff like that?  I went on a forage again, don't forget that rhymes with porridge.  I braved the nettles, feeling like an experienced porridger forager by now, I used my bare hands and pinched the nettle tips out assertively and paid the price. . .getting stung again.  When I got home I got creative in the kitchen.  I figured you can substitute spinach with nettles.  I fried off the courgette in spray oil!  Yep spray oil.  Any fool on a diet  healthy eating plan, uses spray oil. . . don't they?  While my 'Tripoline' pasta was boiling I added the nettles to the pan with the courgette and stirred them around until they were cooked.

Tripoline

I must say this 'Tripoline' strikes me as being considerably posher than spaghetti.  When the pasta was cooked I added the nettles courgette and crumbled Feta cheese.  I combined all the ingredients together well and seasoned with plenty of salt and pepper.  Rather delicious even if I do say so myself.

                This Italian 'folk' saying seems rather apt:


   Italian: Nessuno conosce che cosa sta cucinando nella vaschetta meglio di chi fa la mescolatura. 


   English: No one knows what is cooking in the pan better than the one doing the stirring. 


In this house that is too true!

16 comments:

  1. Another tasty supper! It sounds as if your diet is allowing you to eat really well. Maybe I should have a look at it as I am just getting bigger and bigger even with my 10,000 steps a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weigh in tomorrow, I always dread it! The truth will out. . . I have been swimming though but who wants to walk in the drizzle after a busy day at work! 10 000 steps a day is good going. Well done you. :)

      Delete
  2. Have lots of nettles at the back of the allotment but have not got around to picking any of them. I just keep thinking nasty stinging things.

    Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow I bet you did great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2lb off...those nasty stinging things maybe the next weight loss quick fix!

      Delete
  3. Love the saying!
    Good luck with the weigh in - did my (home) one this morning - 6lbs! (that was the 4lbs I put on on holiday plus another 2, happy with that)
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are doing really well, I am looking forward to going to Somerset in the Summer - the home of Cream Teas and delicious Fish and Chips! I better keep on losing before we go! :) x

      Delete
  4. nom nom nom.

    Good luck with the weigh in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I knew you would approve! :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Why thank you! I am the only one in this house that thinks so, the others think that foraging is nearly as bonkers as filling the house up with dirty Alpaca fleece! :) x

      Delete
  6. No not burnt at all Lucy! Same is true of peppers, black is gooood LOL. Glad your girls are feeling more settled too. Check my blog there's some good news for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop whoop! I love good news in the form of happy yarny flowers! I am over the moon. I was due a bit of good luck to put some balance into the grotty week I have been having. This is my kind of Good Luck. Just my Cup of Tea! Thank you. Off to burn some calories with a 'Happy Lucky Me Dance'! xxx

      Delete
  7. You are getting "wild" with your cooking. All looks really tasty too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such an inspiration! Healthy eating.... exercise.. good girl, you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Om nom nom.....I'll be round for my dinner later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, i think i want to move into your house! you always have the most delectable things on your table.
    i created a fresh new blog recently!
    for personal reasons i can no longer use my real name online and so am adopting my maternal grandmother's name 'dorothy' she was an artistic soul and it feels right for my blog and me. morikomidori will stay where it is for now, but i won't post there anymore. the new start reflects the changes that have been going on in my life and it feels good :) i am starting to settle into a life of retirement, although in many ways i am even busier than i was before but busier doing things i love more. i have gathered all my knitting gear together these past few days and am ready to start a project on which i need to get cracking, baby blanket i have a grand-daughter due next month! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)