Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 May 2013

Too Eggciting!

I was not really expecting an egg any time soon although Euan and I have noticed the 'girls' have suddenly grown up in the last week.  Instead of being nervous they have been coming out of the coop with a 'swag on', hens with attitude. Their combs have really grown and are bright red.  I also heard their first proper 'cluck' this week and it was rather noisy and assertive.  I went up the garden last night with a torch to say goodnight and fox proof the coop for the night.  These girls have high security living conditions!  I shone the torch into the nest box to complete the head count...yep both chickens present and correct and an egg!  It is very exciting to find the first egg, well I think so anyway.  It was a very small egg but none the less an egg.  'The Egg' is the one on the left next to a commercial egg,  Euan couldn't quite believe me this morning when I woke him up and showed it to him.  He shot out of bed, donned his dressing gown and wellies (rather a good look) and ran up the garden.  He was delighted to find two more eggs.  Chickens are the perfect pets with benefits.
XXX   

19 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet..
    Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done chucks! Eggs back on the menu ...

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. So glad Evan is loving having chickens again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the eggs! I can SO relate! When I got my first aqua egg and the dark brown one.. I was so eggs-cited! Have you visited my blog lately? :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woop Woop - how exciting - when I first started reading I could not stop thinking about the chickens in chicken run, its made me quite cheery x We are thinking about getting some chickens so i may just need to pick your brains x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw brilliant! Well done those chuck chucks.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh enough eggs for breakfast this morning ... mmmmm scrambled eggs!! Enjoy!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is eggciting Lucy bet they taste fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the excitement, Lucy....I love the description of Euan's impromptu expedition :-)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may have already got eggcited about this! But i will again anyway ^_^ Hope you get lots more.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is soooo sweet!
    happy for yous two and your chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they are almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So exciting Lucy and so glad to be here seeing the eggs. ☺
    Lots of catching up I must do as away from reading any blogs for 2 weeks.
    Back from holidays and will have an enjoyable cup of tea or 2 reading.
    Melli Moo was very happy to get my tea and mittens in the grand tea swap xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggstra special! :-) How fabulous, Lucy! lots of love Laura x (strawberrymousecrafts.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am soo glad you have your hens back again and they are laying for you - nothing has the taste of 'home laid eggs'... yeah.. my girls seem to be 'batch' laying eggs at the moment, nothing one day then about 15 the next! ha ha all that hard work and we eat in moments -
    hugs
    from TracySC
    Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH wow, that seems really quick Lucy! My friends chickens didn't lay for ages, was this quicker than your first lot? You'll be having lots of scrambled eggs & omelettes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw. bless him! Glad your chickens are so happy and already giving you eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Olá,
    Agora já sigo o teu blog.
    Passei para conhecer o blog e adorei as postagens.
    Convido vc para conhecer meu blog http://crochelinhasagulhas.blogspot.com.br/, aguardo tua visita.
    bj

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)