Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 27 April 2012

Water Water Everywhere!


It is official, I heard yesterday, here in the UK we are having the wettest drought on record!  Hmmm that takes a bit of thinking about doesn't it!  Nice weather for ducks and chickens.  My chickens are water babies and prefer to have their freedom and get wet and bedraggled than head for their coop.  They are so busy re-landscaping the garden they can't take a break from it.  They continue to extend and widen borders and are excavating a rather impressive hole, I would be impressed if a Bull Mastiff had dug it, but the fact that three chickens have done it, makes it all the more remarkable for me!  I don't think my other half has noticed it yet,  I hope he doesn't go up the garden in the dark because he might fall victim to a large muddy hole!  Well I am not going to tell him am I?  What a wet and watery week.  I went to 'Ladies Night' at the pool, then the flood at work, then this morning I get a call to fetch Euan ASAP from school as the school was closing due to a flood!  Jeesh it really never rains but it pours.  Euan and I squelched our way around this afternoon for a dog walk, walk a bit slip a bit, walk a bit, slip a lot.  Mud glorious mud!  The dog had a blast and came home filthy!  She nearly caught a Wabbit for tea, but it looks like we will have to have pasta or something.  Tonight is a rarity...the teenager has agreed to come out with me and Euan.  Yep three of us, altogether.  How are we going to escape this torrential rain and wateryness?  Wave machines and water slides, that's how!  I already heard Henry ask Euan if there were any 'Good Lookin girls' at the swimming baths...Euan replied he thought there were a few!  I think he really wants his brother to come with us so has fibbed a bit!
Yippeee!  It's Friday :) xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hope you all have fun swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water really has been the theme for your week hasn't it? Hope you manage to dry out soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and I hope some good looking girls can be found :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a wet week haven't you? I thought chickens were supposed to hate bad weather but yours and mine are definitely the exception to the rule! They absolutely love rain, and strutted about in the snow ... Have a wonderful weekend, preferably a dry one xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh.. I hope you take photos of your swimming trip! Sorry for the floods and rain there.. we're having sun breaks here today. Glad to be home, but the vacation was fun. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got drenched last Wednesday, fortunately we were walking from Beck Hall http://www.beckhole.info/home.htm to Goathland station and were wet on the inside too!
    It was bound to start raining as soon as droughts were declared as bad as in 1976 when Denis Howell was named as Minister for Drought and we all almost drowned!
    We saw some lovely ducklings in Pickering Beck but it was high and moving quickly so they might have a precarious existence.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Lucy, I can not match your watery tale, but interestingly today it is raining cherry blossoms at my house. I am looking forward to your report of your latest trip to the water slides with your sons(: <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucy, has anyone ever told you that you are an amazing writer? you should write a book about your life, you really should. i think it would sell like hotcakes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)