Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Bread and Butter Pudding - really quick and easy

This traditional pudding is so quick and easy to make and it went down a treat tonight, as you can see.  I had some bread that needed using.  I removed the crust.  The blackbirds and pigeons will enjoy those tomorrow morning, if the magpies give them a chance!  I sliced the bread and buttered it, then it was layered into the dish with a sprinkle of dried fruit and a sprinkle of sugar between each layer.  I beat three eggs with about 250ml of milk and then poured it over the bread.  It is nice to add Grated Nutmeg in between the layers but I forgot today.  I baked it in a medium oven while we ate tea/dinner.  It went down rather well with squirty cream, but I think in this house anything would go down well with squirty cream.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lucy, I **LOVED** your post today! I read your dessert recipe to hubby and we got a huge laugh out of you calling it "squirty cream" - we will forevermore call it that! I added a link to your blog on mine.

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta love squirty cream. The one from Lidl has added vanilla in it too, if you fancy something a little different.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)