Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 February 2011

Todays Teatime Treat

Today I made Cheese Scones.  Very easy, economical and delicious.

Ingredients
200g Self raising flour
50g of Butter
100g of Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese
1 Egg
150ml of milk
1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cayenne Pepper

Method
Rub the butter into the flour unil it resembles breadcrumbs.  Mix in the cheese and cayenne (reserve some cheese for sprinkling on top of each scone).  Add the Egg and the milk and mix to a soft dough.  Turn out onto a floured board.  I used the heel of my hand to squish the dough to 2cm thickness and cut out the scones.  This quantity made ten small to medium scones.  Sprinkle each scone with some of the cheese.  I baked them in a medium hot oven for about 15-20 minutes.
I was looking for an excuse to use my new, cute oven gloves.


3 comments:

  1. Those cheesy scones look yummy! Here we call them cheese biscuits. They serve them at Red Lobster and they're delish!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look delicious!! I'll have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)